Image via Pixabay
If you’re preparing to put your home on the market, curb appeal is something you won’t want to skimp on. Your home’s exterior is the first thing prospective buyers will see, and if you don’t leave a positive impression, you may drive them away before they have a chance to look inside.
Fortunately, improving your home’s curb appeal is simpler than you’d think. With these tips and resources and help from The Curtis Team, you’ll learn how to boost your home’s curb appeal, increase its sale price, entice potential buyers, and sell it in less time.
Smart Upgrades to Your Home’s Exterior
Before your home hits the housing market, these exterior upgrades will give its curb appeal a much-needed boost.
- Make your home stand out from the rest by upgrading your landscape lighting, replacing the house numbers, sprucing up the mailbox, and repairing a cracked or stained driveway.
- If you need to repave your driveway on a budget, Family Handyman offers some tips on how to do it.
- How does your roof look? Depending on its condition, you may need to repair your roof or install a new one before selling. We recommend Charger Roofing.
Enhance Your Landscaping In Any Season
Even if you’re selling in the fall or winter, you can create a beautiful landscape that buyers can’t resist.
- Create a beautiful winter landscape by planting the Japanese flowering cherry tree, hollies, evergreens, camellias, winter jasmine, and ornamental kale.
- Plant raised garden beds in areas with plenty of sunlight.
- Keep up on lawn and landscape care by raking, cutting the grass, pruning plants, and laying mulch.
Not all repairs and improvements raise a home’s appraisal value, but these three will.
- Review Redfin’s expert tips for increasing your home’s appraisal value.
- Sell your home for $6,000 more (on average) by simply painting the front door black or a smoky charcoal color.
- Install new front windows, and opt for energy-efficient materials if possible.
Curb appeal matters when selling a home, but so does the guidance of a real estate agent. To sell your home faster and for more money, be sure to hire an experienced real estate agent to list your home and market it to prospective buyers. Contact The Curtis Team Real Estate today to get the process started. 210-477-4855
Blog compliments of Emma Croft at Get Gardening