For Sale By Owner in a hyper-seller’s market? You might want to think twice about trying to sell your own home in this frenzied marketplace.
Unless you are a stager/designer and market value expert and coordinator and contract expert and negotiator and marketer and have access to all of the home marketing tool and have all the contacts (title company, handyman, real estate photographer, print shop, attorney, et al), you probably aren’t prepared or equipped to sell your house without an expert that is in the business 24/7/365.
Some things to consider:
- How in the heck do you price the house to maximize the exposure and interest while generating the best possible offers? If you don’t have the most current data to understand what is happening with prices in your neighborhood and area, then you will price the house either too low and undersell it or price it too high and limit the exposure, increase the time on the market and ultimately undersell it. Your house must be priced in the sweet spot to get the best price.
- Showings – are you ready for back-to-back showings all day? Do you have the time to first ensure the buyers are qualified to buy your house and second to be at the house to let every buyer in and make sure the house is locked up when they finish? If you’re working, raising children or any other complications, this is going to present major challenges. If you aren’t available to open the house, for every buyer that wants to preview your house, then you are missing potential buyers that could offer the best price for your house.
- If you get multiple offers, how do you know which one offers the best value? It’s not just about the price… There are other costs associated with the offers – title insurance, survey, repairs, homeowners warranty, closing date, option fee, option, seller or buyer leaseback, et al.
- How do you ensure the deal is structured to minimize the risk of the buyer cancelling?
- After your house is under contract, how are you going to ensure the sale is tracking on schedule and get in front of any potential issues?
These are just a few of the complications to consider if you’re thinking about selling your house without the expertise and counsel of a real estate expert that lives and breaths real estate day in and day out – someone with the expertise to navigate the process and get your house sold with the least hassle and for the best price. An experienced real estate professional will add value that surpasses the cost. Just like a lawyer representing himself/herself in court has a fool for a client, you are going to leave money on the table if you try to represent yourself in the sale of your house.
We live and breath real estate and stand ready to help you navigate this market.